KFC (Korean Fried Chicken)

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last did a blog...mainly cause I started making an effort to lose weight and my cooking has been rather strictly measured.
Well I decided to give a rest for a day as I deserved a treat and made some KFC! No I didn't get a take away! It's my version of Korean Fried Chicken and whether it's authentic or not...who cares, it's bloody good!!

Well here is what you will need:



Sauce

75g of Tomato Ketchup
75g of Chilli Bean Paste (You can buy this in any Asian Supermarket)
One large Onion (finely diced)
5-6 cloves of Garlic (chopped)
100 ml of Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp of Syrup
Chilli Flakes to taste
100 ml of Cold Water

Chicken Wings
30-40 g of plain flour
Salt and Pepper
Spray Oil
400 g of Chicken Wings

Sesame seeds (optional)

OK set your oven at 180 or 190 if using gas.

Now in a frying pan (you'll need this quite wide for the Chicken Wings later) throw all sauce ingredients into that pan

Start with your Chicken wings in a zip up bag put the flour with the Salt and Pepper.

De-joint the Chicken Wings and cut them into sections. Season the wings and spray with oil.

Throw them into the bag of flour then zip it up and shake. Dust off the Chicken wings and throw onto a sprayed down cooking tray. Spray the chicken wings again both sides and thrown into the oven till crispy but 20 minutes should do.

Now leave the pan with the sauce mixture to slowly blip away till the Chicken wings are cooking. If the wings are crisping up too fast, turn the heat down in the oven.

Now that everything is done, all you need to do is place the wings into the sauce mix and coat them all evenly.

I scattered over Sesame seeds as this was something that looked traditional, but what do I know?

Anyway try this out and let me know what you think? Send over pictures and videos and I'll re tweet @spurs_cook

Thanks for reading as ever. Here is a little video on a past Korean player by the name of Lee Young Pyo









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Swallow Charity's April Competition" Pulled Pork, Tomato with Chorizo Salsa and Sweet Sweet Sweetcorn

#spicetrail Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake

Aubergine Parmagano