A Hugo Lloris Chicken Stew

Hi everyone! With winter approaching fast, I felt that it was time to bring out some gutsy food that families can enjoy.

I went out shopping today and brought a Cast Iron Casserole Pan. It's a little gem and I'm definitely using it a lot!

What I thought was to buy some chicken, rosemary and other ingredients and make a kind of chicken stew with a French twist? So I thought after having his skull caved in, Hugo Lloris gets another tribute!

Here is what you will need...

2 Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks
A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
3 Red Onions
A bay leaf
3 cloves of garlic
A small bottle of white wine
A few sprigs of Thyme
A knob of butter
3 rashers of Bacon, cut into chunks
Curly Parsley
One Leek


Start by frying off the Chicken Thighs and Drumsticks till are brown, then add the Streaky bacon fry off till golden too.


Take the Chicken and Bacon out and leave in a separate bowl. With a tissue mop up 3/4 of the fat in the pan, but leave the brown sticky bits at the bottom.


Throw in the Leeks, Red Onion, Thyme and Garlic (I left these with the skin on, as they will just go soft anyway)

Dash in the wine and let it bubble down, chuck in a Vegetable or Chicken stock cube
then throw in the Rosemary sprigs and Bay Leaf. Chuck in the Chicken and Bacon into the pan then pour hot water up half way the chicken.

Leave this to simmer for 45 minutes or until cooked.


Here is how mine turned out, I threw in the Parsley and served it with Cous Cous...obviously how you serve it is up to you?

I hope you have enjoyed this recipe and if you try it, please let me see  your pictures by tweeting me at @spurs_cook

Thanks again..see you soon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Swallow Charity's April Competition" Pulled Pork, Tomato with Chorizo Salsa and Sweet Sweet Sweetcorn

#spicetrail Cauliflower Cheese Pasta Bake

Aubergine Parmagano